Monday, February 8, 2016

Christopher Rickett: Week 3 - Mouse



Concept: My concept was a mouse that was rather simple yet sleek.  I wanted to be something that could easily be used by anyone if it was real.  I added a cord coming out of the front just to help round out the whole look of it.



Technique: The main technique that I used was using the Split tool to cut out surface shapes and then Extrude Surfaces to create cut out pieces for the mouse buttons and the piece that is on the back.  I used the Fillet Edge tool to make smooth and rounded edges in places.  Another tool big tool that I used was the Sweep Rails command to create the main shell of the mouse.



Materials: I wanted to keep it simple, so the materials I used were just as simple.  For most of the pieces, I used a hard plastic, and the scroll wheel has a rubber material on it. As for color, I mentioned that it was a mouse that could be used by anyone, even kids; that is why I choose colors such as blues and orange. 



No comments:

Post a Comment