Monday, February 8, 2016

Charlotte Guzman-Russell Week 3: Hammer

 Concept: Probably like a lot of people, I was inspired by Thor's hammer or other Celtic looking hammers for my model, but I wanted to add a sinister twist to mine. I added an eyeball-like jewel to the hammer to make it look like it was alive with some evil magic.
Modeling Techniques: For this model, I used the chamfer tool for the hammer's corner and the fillet tool for where the handle intersects with the hammer head. I also used the difference tool to make the grooves along the hammer hammer. I used the polar array tool to create the circle of spheres and the project tool to project a curve for the pupil on the eye.


Materials: I used a black leather material for the handle and a black shiny metal material for the hammer head. I used an emissive light material and added a red hue to it for the circle of jewels because I love things that glow. For the eye, I used a dark red glass material.



No comments:

Post a Comment