Monday, February 8, 2016

Garcia, Rafael: Week 3 Hammer

Concept: My favorite video game character is Taric from League of Legends, the gem knight. He wields a gem hammer so I figured I'd take a crack at making my own. I wanted to throw in some tron elements in there as well. My goal was a hammer powered by a gem.


Modelling Techniques: A combination of Polyline with Ortho and Snap Grid + pressing shift for curves made designing the hammer a comfortable process. Boolean difference was used to embed the games into hammer. First cutting out and then re-pasting the gem into place. Filleting the edges allowed for a nice fantasy weapon finish. I used BoxEdit to get the variable of everything just the way I liked them. (The gem protruding out the back of the hammer was X scale 1.6 for example)
Materials: I used PLatinum colored to black for the head of the hammer. Emissives were used in various locations to provide that energy powered weapon feel. The Gem has a fractal texture with increased refraction to allow for more light to enter. The brass knuckle type grip also has an emitter with increased intensity.The black handles are black colored steel for contrast. I raised the contrast to make everything pop like a video game would. 



No comments:

Post a Comment