Monday, February 15, 2016

Julio Romero: Detergent Bottle





I wanted to use a fairly simplistic design for my detergent bottle. This project was designed to teach curve-based modeling. Most detergent bottles only have a couple of colors to keep it simple, so I decided to do so as well.

I started with the curve for the base as well as two curves for the sides. I then used sweep2 to create the body and then created another curve, which I offset and used sweep2 again to create the ribbon. I split the main body using the ribbon and then attached the two together. For the handle I offset the ribbon curve and the edge curve, joined them together with arcs, and extruded it outwards and subtracted it from the main body to create a hole.

I used Adobe Kuler to pick what colors I wanted to use and chose a light blue and yellow. Both of them used hard plastics, like real detergent bottles. I used a transparent plastic for the ribbon and cap to add highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment