Monday, February 15, 2016

Jung Choi Week4 USB

I mostly stuck to the tutorial until the end. I could not think of what to make and was playing around with it and got the idea to make ears for the USB. Then it just turned into a Mickey Mouse type of USB for kids as many schools are starting to utilize more technology even for little kids in elementary school. I gave it ears, eyes, nose and a mouth and tried my best to make it look like Mickey, but I could not find the right colors in Keyshot.
Modeling techniques were mostly creating solid objects from curves using loft and using sweep and blend surface tools to create surfaces. I used boolean difference for the eyes, ears and the mouth. I mostly learned how to create holes and indentions on surfaces using projected curves and the blend surface tool. I use fillet edge tool to create rounded edges.
 The materials were all plastic except for the parts that are inserted into the socket which is metal. For the color scheme, I tried to get it close to Mickey with the black round ears and decided on the colors as he wears red pants and yellow shoes. I could not find a good skin color tone for the body so I just decided to go with yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment