Sunday, February 14, 2016

Christopher Clark Detergent Bottle


Concept- I modeled a pretty standard detergent bottle. The curved handle is based off of the attempts of off brand detergents to stick out somehow. The otherwise basic design also infers an off brand product.


Modeling Techniques- I used curves and sweeps to create the base of the bottle. I also used curves to create cutting planes to seperate the pieces and cap them off using trim and boolean union. I also made use of offset surfaces to create the label and some of the shape of the bottles base. I also used sweeps, trims, curves, and boolean union/difference to create the cap for the bottle.


Materials- I attempted to use bright contrasting colors create a brief awareness of the bottle, though the pair is contrasted by a neutral gray, all hard rough plastics. The label was a shiny texture to differentiate it from the rough plastics. I also attempted the liquid inside of the cap, going with a dark green color that many liquid detergents seem to have.



No comments:

Post a Comment