Sunday, February 7, 2016

Christopher Clark Mouse



Concept- For this model, I wanted to create a more traditional mouse with a track ball attatched to the bottom. In order to vary the design, I added the circle pad onto the side of the mouse that was inspired by the 3ds circle pad. The placement of these elements is designed to be the more egonomic and comfortable position, which is another reason the track ball is at the bottom, due to my personal preference.


Modeling Techniques- Because we focused so much on fillets this week, I made sure to make use of it, allowing pieces to fit together without needing to shink the object tooo much. I also used a loft to create the base of the mouse, as well as a sweep2 to get the bottom edge into a nice curve shape. I also projected the buttons onto the mouse and used extrude curves and the usual booleans.


Materials- I used mostly rough plastics to give the mouse a matte appearance. The rough texture works best for giving a feeling of control, which best suits the primary needs of a mouse. I also used rubber material for the trackball and scroll wheel, contributing to the traditional mouse concept.


No comments:

Post a Comment