Saturday, February 6, 2016

Jung Choi Week3 Hammer

I knew from the start that I wanted to create a hammer used in something like medieval warfare. I did not use a specific reference image, but I created something on my own. It is a hammer to be used with both hands and has a spike at the tip of the pole so that damage can be done even with a stabbing motion.

 I used control point editing to create one side of the hammer using a rectangle then I mirrored it across. I used a projection of a curve in order to cut into the rectangle then extruded it down to make the indentions where the bolts are. I used the join tool to create the tip then used a polar array in order to create the spikes on the pole.

I used a metallic material for the head of the hammer and the bolts. I could not find a good wood material for the handle, so I just used a brown paint material. I also used a light aluminum material for the metal that covers a part of the handle so that the user does not get splinters while swinging this hammer.

No comments:

Post a Comment