Sunday, February 21, 2016

Tara Intyrath: Week 4 - Detergent Bottle

Concept: For this model I used the base of the tutorial to make everything not straying too far from it. I did want to try making a label or tape around it and that was a lot harder than I thought it would be but I managed to something. I watched the Deadpool movie recently so that's why I chose to make a "duct tape" for a label as there is a joke about covering Ajax labels with the name "Francis."
Technique: The techniques used to make this model used a lot of curve and solid tools. To make the main surface of the body I made a base curve for the bottom and two cross section curves going up before and used a sweep. I used more curves to split the surface into several surfaces and then closed the body again using sweeps to make inner surfaces. I learned that you have to join some surfaces together before using "create solid" as the program can't use some surfaces when they are separated. It made me frustrated for a while before I figured this out. I then later used techniques shown in "how to create a thread screw" videos on elearning.
Materials: Choosing materials wasn't very hard. I just need a plastic body and plastic cap. I decided to go with blue for the body as Ajax detergent is usually in a blue bottle. I chose a clear plastic for the cap so you can see the threading in the model. For the tape, I made my own duct tape texture and added it in there with the name Francis on it. I would of made an Ajax label to go underneath the duct tape to make the joke more thorough but that would of took more time in photoshop which I am not too familiar with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment