Monday, February 15, 2016

Jonathan Gloria: USB


Concept: For my usb, I followed the tutorial and moved around the indents, so it wouldn't be too like the one in the tutorial. I wasn't too sure how I wanted it to look, and so I just made little changes to it as I went along with it.


Technique: I used a lot of curves to make the shape of the USB, and also used curves as guides to fillet and offset the USB sides. Another thing that I did with the USB, was extrude curves, so that I could make the inside. To make the holes on the metal part of the USB, I made a rectangle curve and extruded it, after that I used the Boolean difference to make the holes. 


Material: For the USB I used several materials that reminded me of my own USB. For the body, I used a hard shiny plastic cyan material. For the metal part, I used an aluminum brushed material, and it made it look more realistic. For the inside I used a black leather material, and a gold 14k swirled material.




No comments:

Post a Comment