Monday, February 29, 2016

Christopher Rickett: Hoedown - Prosthetic Accessory


Concept: For this prosthetic, the concept was to create something fun, yet still practical, so I came up with a design for a cowboy boot. I didn't want something that form fitting and in the exact shape of a lower leg, so I designed it to be wider at the top like an actual cowboy boot. This is something that could be worn casually, or be taken for a night on the town, because boots are great for both occasions.


Technique: To make this model, I built my way up to the final product using multiple curves as the framework for all of the shapes.  I used the curve network tool to get the basic anatomy of the prosthetic. I used the split tool to create multiple sections from projected curves ,which were then offset at varying amounts.



Materials:  The materials I used for this model were mostly softer plastics, so that it looked as though it had been made from a malleable material.  I wanted to keep it as close to leather as possible and still be made from something that was moldable. The colors that I chose compliment each other, and stick with an earth tone pallet that is consistent with leather.

No comments:

Post a Comment