Monday, February 15, 2016

Alec McKay: Week 4 USB



Concept: I wanted to give my USB a cap because most of the USBs I’ve used have had some mechanism to cover the plug when it’s not in use. I wanted to model the cap such that it matched the main case for the USB. To do this, I made more cut-ins to make the cap look like it goes with the USB.



Modeling Techniques: To make the cut-ins on the sides, I made use of the two rail sweep tool to create a surface between the original surface and the floor of the cut-in. I also used a linear array to evenly space the cuts. The boolean difference tool created the hole in the cap for the USB.



Materials: The outside case for the USB is made out of black plastic, as most USBs are made of plastic. The plug that goes into the computer is made from a silver metal. The pins on the inside are different colors from the outside, so I made it a darker metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment