Monday, February 15, 2016

Julio Romero: USB



This USB was designed based off a tutorial from the internet for modeling from an image. I didn't change much from the tutorial so that I would know what parts I messed up. I implemented I simpler design in my mouse project.

The object started out by creating profile curves of the main body, which I extruded upwards and then offset inwards for the indentations. I then made two curves that I used a sweep 2 operation on; after that I used an array to duplicate it and then mirrored it across, finishing off by subtracting it from the main body. For the head I used a rounded rectangle that I extruded towards the main body, and for the holes I also used extruded rounded rectangles, as well as a subtraction operation.

I used a soft rubber material for the main body to give a person a good grip on it. For the head I used an aluminum material that I reduced in specularity to make it less reflective. The small plastic piece inside of the head has a hard blue plastic material to mimic USB 3.0, and the metal pieces indented inside of it have a low specularity brass material.

No comments:

Post a Comment