Monday, February 29, 2016

Megan Heard: "Naiad" Prosthetic Accessory


Concept: I wanted to do a mermaid/underwater theme as soon as I found out about the project. My design is definitely decorative and acts more as an art piece. My idea for the foot piece was to make it able to be made into a matching shoe if needed.



Modeling: I started with a leg base made of curves and then projected and joined my design around from the front and side angles. I then trimmed the leg base and extruded the surface into a solid. The same basic process was used for the foot. I did run into quite a few issues when modeling the prosthetic, such as fillet edge literally deleting parts of my model if I tried to use it on the outside edges. I also wasn't able to get the level of detail on the shoe portion and the starfish wasn't turning out properly.



Materials: I wish I could have done the actual textures and colors in my concept art, but I have no idea to to make it work in keyshot. Instead I chose to try to get a patinated look with a nice copper pipe to contrast. If I had been able to use my concept colors I would have used metallic plastics/paints to give it more dimension.


No comments:

Post a Comment