Monday, February 29, 2016

Austin Bower - Prosthetic Accessory


Gundam MK1 concept: I got the idea for this model for one of favorite TV shows as a kid.  I wanted to design one prosthetic more robotic then the others. This model was designed to fit tightly on the knee joint of the prosthetic and not to be removed




Spiral concept: This model was partially inspired by the old glass coke-cola, but otherwise I was just going for a nice spiral look so the prosthetic would not have sharp edge.  






The Knight concept: The original thought behind was based off a MTG card, then I was just going for a knight's armor look.





The Warrior concept: This model started out as just trying to be a stream line design, but i did not like how it turn out so i changed it for more of a samurai style. The other idea is that each side can be switch around for an asymmetrical  look





Technique: I created all models in Maya. Most of the models where does the a series of extrudes, blend deforms and twist deforms. One was mold form several planes by moving vertices into place.  Then I moved them to Rhino to apply the materials 

No comments:

Post a Comment