Monday, February 29, 2016

Devon Youngbird: Prosthetic Accessory




Project Ent




Concept: The concept for my prosthetic accessory design consisted of using trees as inspiration. I used the roots, vines, and branches of trees to inspire the overall aesthetic approach to this project. I liked the idea of having a 'trunk' as a leg cover for a prosthetic, and you could tie together some symbolic meaning of it all- roots to the ground. 



Technique: I utilized a wide range of techniques for each portion of the prosthetic. I used the pipe command to pipe curves I had projected on to the mesh. A much more effective way over flow curve method. I used network surface to create the base of the model and used a flow surface command to create holes across the model which turned the base into a solid. 






Materials: For materials I used wood materials to help reflect the idea of a organic/natural tree feel. I used separate wood materials to add contrast to the branches/roots over the base. A green plastic was added to the vine layer to add some color to the prosthetic, and I used a carbon fiber material for the foot/leg pole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment