Monday, February 29, 2016

Travis Fowler: Jug

Concept:

This project was thoroughly uninspired. I liked the general design of the tutorial bottle and when I went to my laundry room to look for inspiration, I realized that the detergent bottle I had come up with after following the tutorial was still more imaginative than the jugs holding my own detergent. 

Techniques:

The fundamental surface creation tool introduced in this tutorial was the rail command. After my encounter with the Boolean problems in the flashlight assignment, I was weary of each new command and how it might interact with the curves of my model. Rhino commands are fairly intuitive and can usually be sorted out just by reading the prompt in the command window. The offset surface tool was the only technique that gave me trouble here but the rhino help window is VERY helpful.


Materials:

I like blue, it is my favorite color. I decided to use a variety of blue plastics for the jug. I was afraid that the unblemished design would suffer from its simplicity but it is truly amazing what a single semi-transparent section of material will do for the complexity of a design.


No comments:

Post a Comment