Monday, February 15, 2016

Alec McKay: Week 4 Detergent Bottle


Concept: The shape of my bottle was loosely inspired by one shape of All detergent that I found. The top is at an angle, and the handle cut-out is an oval that sits fairly low on the bottle. The cap has a few different grooves in it to provide traction to twist it off.



Modeling Techniques: I used the offset tool to make the bottle surface into a hollow bottle that’s still read as a closed surface. The screw on the top of the bottle was created using the one rail sweep of a curve along a helix curve. The whole for the handle was created using a two rail sweep that was later filleted for a soft edge.



Materials: The coloring for my detergent bottle was inspired by All detergent, which usually has a blue bottle and a yellow cap. The cap and bottle are both made from the rough plastic material. Every bottle of detergent I looked at was made from plastic that wasn’t too hard or shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment