Thursday, February 18, 2016

Will McKiernan Detergent Bottle

After completing the tutorial and messing around in KeyShot, I decided to start over from scratch and make an Aperture Science style jug. I wanted to make it kind of futuristic looking while also being shaped like the Portal gun. I felt that the final product was something you'd see in the game.


Following the tutorial, I used the side and front views to draw the basic curves for the shape of my bottle. I placed a cylinder as the center piece because the Portal gun has a cylindrical center. I used Sweep2 on my curves to create the outer shapes of my jog. On the top piece I offset the curves then lofted the surface to create a solid. For the handle, I drew curves in side view and then extruded them. After using Trim to cut the excess I BooleanUnioned it to the body of the bottle.


I used plastic looking materials for my bottle because that is typically what they are made of. I used the same white, orange, blue, and black color scheme as the Portal gun. After I had joined everything and filleted my edges, I exploded them and put the edges on different layers in order to color them. Overall I think the bottle turned out great.

2 comments: