Monday, February 15, 2016

Victoria Mayfield: Detergent Bottle


Concept: When I first started modeling the detergent bottle I didn't know how I was going to make it different from the rest. Once I started laying down curves I decided that I would use bold and interesting lines in order to give my model some extra pizzazz. The bold lines highlight my simple bottle design. When I was looking for references online most bottles were simple and had nothing extra. So I tried to build on the idea of simplicity and make it more daring. 

Modeling: The tools that I used for my detergent bottle were curves to lay out the main shape, and the sweep 2 tool to create the body. I also used curves, the split and the delete tool in order to create the main bold line down the side of the bottle. As well as the fillet edge tool to create a smooth design. I wanted to stick with the idea of interesting curves by giving the handle finger grips. I created this effect with a simple curve, the extrude curve tool, and the boolean difference tool. I used the helix tool, and boolean difference tool in order to create the spout and the cap. 



Materials: For the materials I did want to stay true to what a detergent bottle would be made out of. I wanted to further my bold design by using colors that were just as vibrant. I went with a shiny purple plastic for the main body, and highlighted with a streak of shiny yellow plastic. I chose these colors as they are complimentary and were pleasing to the eye. I deviated with the main color theme a bit with the spout, making that a shiny black plastic material. Overall, I am pleased with the way that the detergent bottle turned out with the modeling techniques and materials I chose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment